Noel C Gonzalez, PhD, LPC Psychotherapy & Consultation
Participants attend a full schedule of groups and individual activities during the week as well as real world experiences and support groups. Participants will be assigned to work with a psychotherapist and dietitian.
- Two weekly individual sessions with the therapist for behavior modification and psychotherapy
- One weekly session with the dietitian for medical nutrition therapy
- One weekly support group or real world experience (meal preparation, food shopping)
- Total hours per week: 5 - 6 hours
Unlike a traditional hospital or residential treatment center environment, we offer individuals an opportunity to recover in a less restrictive setting while still receiving the support and structure necessary to overcome the struggles with BED or CO.
Intensive Outpatient Program for Binge Eating and Compulsive Overeating
An experienced team of Eating Disorders Specialists provide the psychotherapeutic and nutrition delivery of care in an Intensive Outpatient Program. The program provides individuals with Binge Eating Disorder or Compulsive Overeating with the intense schedule of residential psychotherapy and nutrition treatment but without the disruptions of leaving your job, home, or family life. Participants learn the skills needed to make changes and implement them in their daily lives.
If you have any question concerning the program, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Signs of Binge Eating or Compulsive Overeating
- Consuming abnormally large quantities of food in one sitting
- Eating even when full and feeling powerless to stop eating
- Feelings of shame, disgust and embarrassment after eating.
- Loss of control over how much is eaten
- A preoccupation with weight
- Frequent dieting or drastic dieting methods
Who might benefit from an intensive outpatient program?
1. Have difficulty expressing emotions and eat to soothe or
cope with problems
2. Require additional support managing their symptoms
3. Need a step-down program from a residential or in patient program.
Stop dieting. Start Living.
Location & Contact Information
Weekly group and psychotherapy sessions are held in the Historic Houston Heights (Noel C Gonzalez Psychotherapy & Consultation office) between Shephard Drive and Durham, with convenient access from ether the Katy Freeway or North Loop West.
Weekly individual Medical Nutrition Therapy sessions are offered by Jill Sechi, MS, RD, LD, located in the Memorial area.
Noel C Gonzalez, PhD, LPC
Psychotherapy & Consultation
726 West 17th Street
Houston, Texas 77008
Jill Sechi, MS, RD, LD
Wellness Coaching & Nutrition Therapy, PLLC
820 Gessner, Suite 1560
Houston, TX 77024